Tuesday 31 March 2009

After Jeri...

Sand, road, bumps, more road, a lot, too much. Casual stops, loose sleep, eyes that cross each other, more road ahead. A change of plans, a tortuous trip to simply keep traveling with whom I didn’t want to leave behind, a night half-dreamed half-lived, a sudden wake-up call, a glare, a kiss good-bye with a taste of see-you-soon... A Three-wise-men Fort (Forte dos Reis Magos), only image of Natal through where I flew rapidly, to quickly keep on, following the road South again. Olinda, church in, church out, Carnival is coming, but takes too long to come... Days go by running, I run as well, through the living market Recife is, on my way South again. More road comes my way, a lot, moving slow, very slow, bit by bit, at the rhythm of closing eyes, one after the other, quietly, with no hurry, without the rush to arrive, because there was no rush to leave either...

Salvador, Brazil, February 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment